Welcome to Upper Grippath Holiday Cottages
A warm welcome awaits you in our 4 star
graded self catering farm cottages, in Risca, South Wales
4 Star graded Cottage converted in 2003 from our 400-year-old cow shed!
Our left-hand stone barn holiday cottage opened in April 2003 with a 4-star visit Wales grading.
These 2 bedroomed cottages will comfortably accommodate 4 adult guests and features access for a wheel chair user. View Access Statement.
Check in time after 4pm and check out time by 10am unless with prior agreement.
- Ground level twin bedroom with sliding door and pull cord if required.
- First floor twin bedroom and an additional electric shower room.
- All bedrooms feature a USB socket and have access to free WIFI
- Large accessible bathroom with low rimmed bath, transfer bench and grab rails and shower over.
- A pedestal free hand basin, low level shaver point and grab rail plus standard toilet with grab rail and pull-down rail to the left-hand side.
- There is ample room for a wheel chair to turn in this bathroom and there is also an emergency cord linked to the upstairs bedroom if required. The door to this bathroom is a sliding door.
- Full-size cooker grill and hob
- A microwave
- Kettle and toaster
- Washing machine (with access to shared tumble dryer and washing line)
- Full sized fridge and freezer
- Plus, all the crockery, cutlery and pots and pans you’ll need – we even supply a rolling pin!
- Barrwg is heated by an external oil boiler and has continuous hot water.
- There is ample parking adjacent to Barrwg plus a seating area with bench, chairs and table overlooking the fantastic views.
- No smoking
- Barrwg will also have its own dog garden (Autumn 2021)
- Barrwg is a pet friendly cottage and can accept up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior agreement.
- The Kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are all located around the large sitting/dining room on ground level.
- All cottages have a small work area for when you just have to work whilst with us! These also have extra sockets, USB points and Free Wi-fi too.
Stayed at Upper Grippath Farm for 7 nights in August. The cottage we had was spotless when we arrived and nicely laid out. Louise the owner was lovely and very helpful. The view from the cottage was stunning. There are several walks than can be taken from the cottage if you are a walker.
The road up (I say road more of a single track) is not for thea faint hearted.
All in all a very agreeable stay.
I do like the fact that their prices are fixed all year round even during this pandemic.
– Peaceful Retreat
Well what can we say , wonderful views lovely cottage. Louise you have got it made there it’s perfect . Loved watching the bird life from kitchen window. Husband had some lovely walks from the cottage. Will certainly book again. Thank you Louise
– Wonderful Cottage
A good base for our weeks holiday and excellent value for money. We received a warm welcome, the accommodation was clean, well equipped and having a full sized fridge/freezer was a great bonus. A dishwasher and washing machine were also there although we didn’t use them. The lounge was a reasonable size as were the bedrooms, and free use of the sauna was wonderful especially on the wet cold days we had. You are completely spoilt for supermarkets as Risca has a Tesco, Aldi and Lidl. There are several good pubs, and with its rail station you can get into Cardiff. However there are a few things you should know or be aware of…it is a mile to the accommodation along a single track road (although during our week we only met other traffic on about 4 occasions). The sofas were good quality but very low and soft. I didn’t manage to connect to their internet all week (but didn’t mind as it was nice to live without it!!). Sauna took time to heat up so recommend putting it on 5-10 mins before you get in. Those things said I would gladly return for another stay as the accommodation and location are well worth it.
– Stunning Views